PDA

View Full Version : Chute or No Chute

Eagle3
07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
I've been talking with another forum member about taking the plunge and kitting out some plans. One of the subjects being discussed is recovery systems. From that discussion I'd like to post the following question to the forum to get thoughts on.

Would you prefer a kit to be a buck or two cheaper without a recovery system, but have the option to purchase one seperately, or would you rather every kit contain a recovery system you pay for even though you already have a box full of chutes you'll never put together? :p

JRThro
07-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I've been talking with another forum member about taking the plunge and kitting out some plans. One of the subjects being discussed is recovery systems. From that discussion I'd like to post the following question to the forum to get thoughts on.

Would you prefer a kit to be a buck or two cheaper without a recovery system, but have the option to purchase one seperately, or would you rather every kit contain a recovery system you pay for even though you already have a box full of chutes you'll never put together? :p
I don't have a box full, I only have 2! So I clearly need more, and that's how I voted. If I bought a model rocket kit without a recovery system, I'd feel like it was missing something.

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-24-2005, 10:12 AM

I have parachutes coming out of so many body orifices (orifii?) that my pants fit funny. Not a big deal to me.