PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Saki

foose4string
01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
I've got a question regarding the fin Orient...ation of the Saki. On the angled ventral fins, which is supposed the leading edge, the shorter side or longer side? The instructions aren't real clear as to which way. I'm sure it doesn't make a bit of difference in terms of stability, but I want to build it as it was intended. Anyone know? ....Carl?

Carl@Semroc
01-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I've got a question regarding the fin Orient...ation of the Saki. On the angled ventral fins, which is supposed the leading edge, the shorter side or longer side? The instructions aren't real clear as to which way. I'm sure it doesn't make a bit of difference in terms of stability, but I want to build it as it was intended. Anyone know? ....Carl?You are right. It does not say. The longer (more angled) side is toward the front.

Thanks!

foose4string
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Man, that was quick! Thank you Carl. :) This is a fun little build so far. I used a very thin layer of epoxy inside the tail end of the tube instead of CA, I though it might be a little tougher over the long haul. While I had it mixed up I used just enough to fill that well over plywood nose cap, which in turn secured the screw eye nicely. Sticker papered the fins. This is going to be one tough cookie. Lovin' it! :D

Arley Davis
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
If you need more help on this rocket just look at this Estes kit.

http://www.dars.org/jimz/est0851.htm