PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Rocketry: S.S. Cestris Kit Release

Sirius Rocketry
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Sirius Rocketry is proud to announce the release of Sirius Rocketry's latest sci-fi themed kit, the S.S. Cestris Interplanetary Transport Vehicle.

The S.S. Cestris represents a futuristic cargo/passenger transport ship that uses "Interplanetainer" containers in a space-age version of intermodal transport to haul merchandise and passengers around the solar system in the late 21st century. The S.S. Cestris kit includes a unique and highly-detailed vacuform nosecone kit, a 24mm motor mount, Kevlar shock cord mount, mylar parachute and three full-color decal sheets.

Each S.S. Cestris kit also includes six different "Interplanetainer" container decals, from which the user can choose two to customize their S.S. Cestris. Six different runs of decals featuring different ship numbers are also spread throughout the run of kits. This adds to the many different combinations of ship numbers and "Interplanetainers" possible with the decals in the kit.

The S.S. Cestris retails for $27.99. The unique nosecone kit used in the S.S. Cestris, the "Command Cone", will also be available separately for $7.99.

Since 1998, Sirius Rocketry has made hobby rocketry kits in the U.S.A. with the highest quality and attention to detail. Sirius Rocketry kits are available exclusively through the Sirius Rocketry secure website. For more information, visit www.siriusrocketry.com (http://www.siriusrocketry.com)

EchoVictor
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Dave,

I'm trying to log onto your site to place an order, but keep getting a Gateway Timeout error. Please hold a Cestris for me. Been waiting for this one since NARCON!

Later,
EV

Edit: Internet fixed......order in! :D

Ltvscout
12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Whoa! That is one awesome looking rocket, Dave! I love that molded cone.

tbzep
12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Cool rocket. I might have to get one and maybe a nosecone for a scratch build too.

Eagle3
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I've been waiting for this one Dave. :) Dropped a hint to the wife that's it make an excellent Christmas gift. :rolleyes: :D

James Pierson
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I as well have been waiting for this one and checking your site several times a day for updates. My wife says we are broke until Friday so it will have to wait until then :( .

Fantastic kit Dave, I appericate all your efforts in bring this kit and that super cool nose cone to life.

YOU ROCK DAVE!!

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

Mark II
12-06-2007, 01:02 AM
For a second there, I thought that I was looking at a never-released Centuri Super Kit -

- but, then, Centuri never made a nose cone LIKE THAT! WOO-HOO!

Who ever said that model rocketry's best days are all in the past?

Eagle3
12-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Dave, it looks like a cross between a Space:1999 Eagle and another spaceship from Season 2. Am I close? :)

johnnwwa
12-06-2007, 11:19 AM
I too have this kit on my buy List . Right at the top :D Can't wait to get this one .
Nose cone well thought out ,I like the fact that a strip is included to hide the seam line between the two halfs . Will order this week.

BAR
John

Sirius Rocketry
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Whoa! That is one awesome looking rocket, Dave! I love that molded cone.

Thaks Scott!

That cone was one of the reasons the kit took longer than expected. I was never quite happy with the original male vacuform moldings. So I went to a female vacuform mold, much harder to make/use but it made for better detail on parts of the cone, as well as a better fit.

Shades of Centuri Super kits kept coming to mind when I was working on tnis one...

Sirius Rocketry
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Dave, it looks like a cross between a Space:1999 Eagle and another spaceship from Season 2. Am I close? :)

There is a tiny bit of Space: 1999 inspiration in the nose cone, always loved that show. Even though the window coves especially are cut at different angles, when you look at it just right... :-)

I had not thought of anything season two, in our area we only ever saw season 1.....

What I did have in mind though was something like the old Centuri Super Kits....

Sirius Rocketry
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I as well have been waiting for this one and checking your site several times a day for updates. My wife says we are broke until Friday so it will have to wait until then :( .

Fantastic kit Dave, I appericate all your efforts in bring this kit and that super cool nose cone to life.

YOU ROCK DAVE!!

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James, Mark, John, Zep...THANKS for the kudos! This one was a bear to bring to market, took me much longer than I thought it would, but I wanted to make sure everything was just right, especially with the nose cone. I'm just glad it's finally out there. And comments like these help me to remember why I am doing this... Thanks, Guys!

Merry Christmas!

Dave

johnnwwa
12-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I too have this kit on my buy List . Right at the top :D Can't wait to get this one .
Nose cone well thought out ,I like the fact that a strip is included to hide the seam line between the two halfs . Will order this week.

BAR
John

Dave
My fingers have taken on a life of there own I didn't want to stop them .Sirius Rocketry SS Cestris Ordered, paid for and in the mail soon. :D

and A Very Merry Christmas to you.

BAR
John

foose4string
12-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Same here. Ordered this morning. Great looking rocket Dave!

Mark II
12-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh, you'll be getting some orders from me as well, once I get some balance back in my balance sheet. I hope that you don't run out before then!

Mark

Vanel
12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Better hurry - I have ordered one and a couple of nose cones :D

This rocket is a beauty!

EchoVictor
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Oooooooo, lookee what just showed up on my doorstep today....

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/EchoVictor/Rocket%20Stuff/100_1226.jpg

Yay!

Later,
EV

Mark II
12-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Oooooooo, lookee what just showed up on my doorstep today....
Yeah, sure, go ahead and rub it in... ;) :p

Mark

James Pierson
12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Please don't all you folks on the East Coast scoop up all those Cestris Kits ;) . I sure hope I get mine before Christmas, as the wife is to wrap it as soon as it hits the doorstep.

Ok, so who is going to start the first Command Cone Build Thread here and Ye Olde??
Not me for reasons stated above :p .

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

CPMcGraw
12-08-2007, 07:46 AM
...Ok, so who is going to start the first Command Cone Build Thread here and Ye Olde??

I'm looking at the photos, James. Eagles and Hawks were part of my SciFi diet in the 1970's, too, so I've got a fondness for that design. I'll have to get an order in after the start of the year -- too much on my plate right now to get started on anything else.

Sirius Rocketry
12-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Please don't all you folks on the East Coast scoop up all those Cestris Kits ;) . I sure hope I get mine before Christmas, as the wife is to wrap it as soon as it hits the doorstep.

Ok, so who is going to start the first Command Cone Build Thread here and Ye Olde??
Not me for reasons stated above :p .

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James,

No problem, yours is going out Priority Mail Monday morning in the next shipment (I am soo glad right now I have a lot of room in the Minivan...).

Question is, is it going to make it from the doorstep to the wrapping?

Thanks James!

David

James Pierson
12-09-2007, 01:22 AM
David Said,
Question is, is it going to make it from the doorstep to the wrapping?

Thanks James!

David

The Cestris kit is my main request for a Christmas gift this year Dave. My wife has strict instruction to wrap the package before I even see it otherwise, I may be tempted to rip it open and built it :p . Be sure to package it well as I plan on shaking the tar out of it in anticipation of Christmas morning :D .

Thanks Dave, JP.

James Pierson
NAR# 779074