PDA

View Full Version : What's so "menacing" about the Menace ?

ghrocketman
10-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I'd like to know what's so "menacing" about the "goony-bird like" spoof-ALCM Estes Menace ?

Nothing that I can see gives this rocket that name deservedly.

Now what they should have done in this kit is DELIBERATELY place the CG in a location that ENSURES un-stable RANDOM flight. :D
If that was the case, there would be no mistaking why it was named MENACE. :p

If it has the name "Menace", I actually WANT it to live up to that random/unsafe image.

Naming this one "Menace" would be like naming another rocket "Mangler" or "Mayhem" if they are not capable of those activities....total nonsense.

Phred
10-24-2007, 02:08 PM
"Now what they should have done in this kit is DELIBERATELY place the CG in a location that ENSURES un-stable RANDOM flight. "

ESTES has already done this with a few 'rockets': Like the foam space shuttle that needs a roll of quarters in the nose in order to fly... or some of those Star Wars rockets....

Ph

tfischer
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
What's in a name? Marketing, nothing more, nothing less.

-Tim "whose Alien Invader has yet to invade any aliens..."

ghrocketman
10-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Marketing....that was kinda my point....absolute nonsense that serves very little purpose.

Names should make SENSE for the product.

pantherjon
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, my Mars Probe sure hasn't even come CLOSE to probing Mars! :p Or my Mars Lander..Now, my Sky Raider DID raid the sky, but got rejected pretty hard!

tfischer
10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Marketing....that was kinda my point....absolute nonsense that serves very little purpose.

You're right -- unless you consider "selling product" a "purpose"...

-Tim