PDA

View Full Version : Sport Rocketry Arrived Today!!

dwmzmm
09-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Guess I'm maybe first here (since I haven't seen any other postings to that effect), but just
received the September/October 2007 issue of Sport Rocketry a few minutes ago (wife handed it to me after checking the mail).

With that, guess I'll be "off line" this evening to read through the issue and continue the finish of the K-36 Estes Saturn - V (documented in the Projects section of this forum).....

snaquin
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Guess I'm maybe first here (since I haven't seen any other postings to that effect), but just
received the September/October 2007 issue of Sport Rocketry a few minutes ago (wife handed it to me after checking the mail).

With that, guess I'll be "off line" this evening to read through the issue and continue the finish of the K-36 Estes Saturn - V (documented in the Projects section of this forum).....

Generally takes an extra week or two for mine to arrive while the mailman dodges the alligators down here in swampland getting it to my mailbox ..... :rolleyes:

Rocket Doctor
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
I guess after it makes the rounds from publisher to our door, it could take a few days to weeks to arive.

I sent an envelope via priorty mail to SC, it took 17 days to get there, I was told that sending it priority won't assure fast delivery, and, the postal service can take up to 14 days to arrive until our postal service will do anything.

Also. magazies aren't sent first class unless you pay extra. What a bummer.

LAUNCH should be coming along soon as well.

Initiator001
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM

That's how I was able to get my Sport Rocketry on Saturday. :D

Bob

Rocket Doctor
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I guess it's worth the first class option.

dwmzmm
09-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I guess after it makes the rounds from publisher to our door, it could take a few days to weeks to arive.

I sent an envelope via priorty mail to SC, it took 17 days to get there, I was told that sending it priority won't assure fast delivery, and, the postal service can take up to 14 days to arrive until our postal service will do anything.

LAUNCH should be coming along soon as well.

Talking about priorty mail, several years ago, I sent several exposed Cineroc 8 mm film (yes,
Rocket Doctor, I still fly those!) to a Cineroc expert in California for developing. The box was
shipped via Priority Mail. Well, about two weeks later, I get an e-mail from this person asking if I'd sent the package, as he hadn't received it yet! Man, talking about feeling your heart in your throat! I just told him to wait another week or two and see what happens. As it turned out, the package arrived about four weeks after my mailing it. I was told Priority Mail would have it delivered in three to four days....

Rocket Doctor
09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
What they really meant was two to three weeks, not days.

One way to speed up priority packages is to mark them "fragile" and "perishable", and spend the extra 65 cents for delivery confirmation.

FYI I have ny Cineroc and Omega and six original film packs.

dwmzmm
09-04-2007, 08:49 PM
What they really meant was two to three weeks, not days.

One way to speed up priority packages is to mark them "fragile" and "perishable", and spend the extra 65 cents for delivery confirmation.

FYI I have ny Cineroc and Omega and six original film packs.

There's a couple of great guys I know who can develop the 8 mm's, and reload the film
cartridge with new 8 mm film. One even makes excellent resin clones of the film cartridge.
If you want, I can post a link to one good footage from one of two Cineroc films mentioned in my previous post (comes from my last good Cineroc flight at JSC in June 2004, before it
crashed the very next week, smashing my last Cineroc to pieces!!).

I think I did mark my package "fragile," and the clerk at the service desk told me delivery
time was 3 - 4 days if I paid the Priority Mail postage. I think I paid somewhere around $4.

BTW, I saved most of what I could from the two crashed Cineroc's I had. I think I have more
than enough to rebuild a "new" Cineroc should I get the time to do it. The one guy that can
make clones of the film cartridge, he also makes excellent clones of the Cineroc's nosecone
and base adapter, which I also have in my stash of parts.... ;)

ScaleNut
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Mine's usually a week or 2 behind but I did recieve "Rockets" on friday to hold me till than.

AKPilot
09-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Having been there in previous years, getting my Sport Rocketry after everyone else, I upgraded this year to First Class mail and it's been worth the extra money.

Also, mentioned this on TRF, but it looks as if someone got a picture of me this year at NSL. Check it out - if you've ever wondered what AKPilot looks like. My kids think I'm a celebrity.

dwmzmm
09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Having been there in previous years, getting my Sport Rocketry after everyone else, I upgraded this year to First Class mail and it's been worth the extra money.

Also, mentioned this on TRF, but it looks as if someone got a picture of me this year at NSL. Check it out - if you've ever wondered what AKPilot looks like. My kids think I'm a celebrity.

Great!! Which picture?

AKPilot
09-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Middle pic w/Sumo.

JRThro
09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey, if there's a picture of you in Sport Rocketry, you *are* a celebrity!

tolppisouth
09-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Somebody put my picture on a website for winning "The Golden Nosecone Award." I showed my thiteen year-old and he was in tears from laughing so hard. Perhaps yours are much younger and don't know better. Teenagers, can't live with them, can't live with them.

John

Ltvscout
09-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Somebody put my picture on a website for winning "The Golden Nosecone Award." I showed my thiteen year-old and he was in tears from laughing so hard. Perhaps yours are much younger and don't know better. Teenagers, can't live with them, can't live with them.

John
And just so everyone else can get a good laugh, you can see John and his award on the home page of the WOOSH website found here:

http://www.wooshrocketry.org

Just scroll down to the bottom. ;)

tolppisouth
09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Scott,

You know there is a danger to having one's image on the internet. You'll never know what people will do with it. See the attached. You know I would like to meet in person some day. Maybe a launch?

John

Ltvscout
09-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Scott,

You know there is a danger to having one's image on the internet. You'll never know what people will do with it. See the attached. You know I would like to meet in person some day. Maybe a launch?
Hahahahaha. Good one, John! Yes, I really need to try to get to a launch or meeting again soon.

PaulK
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Hahahahaha. Good one, John! Yes, I really need to try to get to a launch or meeting again soon.You're in luck, there is one this saturday at bong! :)

tolppisouth
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
If you need a ride. Paul or I can help I'm sure. It'll be bit out my way but I know people who know people. ;)

Love to see you there.

"Love to see you. You know those little onions? They're really scallions..." (Stan Freeberg's Dragnet)

John

pantherjon
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Got my SR in today! :D Along with my Apogee order and my Mutant Daddy from Mercury Engineering! WHEEEE! What nice Birthday gifts to myself! :p

Bohica
09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Got my SR in today! :D Along with my Apogee order and my Mutant Daddy from Mercury Engineering! WHEEEE! What nice Birthday gifts to myself! :p

Excellent! Happy B-Day BTW....:D

tolppisouth
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
It may not be my Birthday (Happy Birthday Pantherjon!) but it felt like it coming home. There was loot waiting for me too!

Sport Rocketry
Squirrel Works Mega Red Baron
Squirrel Works Municipal Police Box
Roachwerks LTV Scout

For this I give thanks to the delivery services and fine vendors of course.

John

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/tolppisouth/GeneralMay2007079.jpg

Ltvscout
09-06-2007, 11:44 PM
You're in luck, there is one this saturday at bong! :)
Once again, life gets in the way. My son has a football game. I know the club is flying at Bong on Sunday as well, but that day we have a going away party to go to.

Some day...

Green Dragon
09-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey, if there's a picture of you in Sport Rocketry, you *are* a celebrity!

Hey ! - just finished reading my copy this AM while avoiding work ... noted some of our forum regulars got mentioned as well .

won't mention the guilty ones, Bill and CHan know who they are.

sorry to have missed it, oh well, NARAM 50 is close to me.... :)

~ AL

snaquin
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey ! - just finished reading my copy this AM while avoiding work ... noted some of our forum regulars got mentioned as well .

won't mention the guilty ones, Bill and CHan know who they are.

sorry to have missed it, oh well, NARAM 50 is close to me.... :)

~ AL

I just finished my first read-through, very good issue.

Unfortunately for me NARAM 50 is far from me. I'm going to find a way to make a national launch next year though .....

Rocket Doctor
09-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Still waiting for my issue of Sport Rocketry, bt the time it arrives, I will probably have my LAUNCH mag in hand.

A balanced diet of rocketry, Spert Rocketry in one hand, and LAUNCH in the other, can't get any better than that......

Rocket Doctor
09-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Finally, my SR arrived today, now, I can only hope that LAUNCH is close behind ......