PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman

dlazarus6660
08-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Wonder Woman tonight!

The Murderous Missile. I won't go into details about the episode'
They used an Estes Pershing-1A model # 1286 as a prop that could controlled by the mind.
Meh!

ghrocketman
08-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I remember that ridiculous episode when I was a kid.
Completely A$inine then as it still is now.

So was the Six Million Dollar Man episode with the kid that made nonsensical "Di-Nitri Tri-oxide" rocket fuel that exploded.

chrism
08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
It was painted orange with the name "Athena" on it!!

bob jablonski
08-03-2014, 07:34 AM
that was some bad special effects even then I was 14.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

dlazarus6660
08-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

Yeah, the wires and eye hook were soooo obvious. I wonder what it looked like in High Def?

bob jablonski
08-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Not sure but Linda Carter back in the day, in high deff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

tbzep
08-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Wonder Woman tonight!

The Murderous Missile. I won't go into details about the episode'
They used an Estes Pershing-1A model # 1286 as a prop that could controlled by the mind.
Meh!

Check out my thread from 2009. (has pics of the Pershing)
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=4424&highlight=woman

On a related note, check out two more of my TV rocket threads.

Saturn V
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=4410&highlight=woman

Another Pershing 1A and more...
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=7981&highlight=woman

luke strawwalker
08-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Not sure but Linda Carter back in the day, in high deff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

Hehehehe... yeah...

Can't say much for the STORYlines, but there were plenty of OTHER lines to enjoy on that series...

Later! OL JR :)

chrism
08-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN
574-540-1123

With Lynda Carter in her Wonder Woman outfit, you were not supposed to notice the bad special effects!

luke strawwalker
08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
With Lynda Carter in her Wonder Woman outfit, you were not supposed to notice the bad special effects!

You know, we've been watching a lot of the old TV series from the 70's and 80's... A-Team, Six Million Dollar Man, CHiPs, Bionic Woman, etc... Modern TV is an absolute WASTELAND AFAIC, just pure crap. I haven't even watched network TV in decades... what I see bits n pieces of at the inlaws and stuff is enough to convince me that its just pure garbage nowdays...

Anyway, the old 70s and 80's shows like the ones I mentioned... some of the storylines are kinda weak, the writing might not have been the best, but they were great fun! Special FX came a long way from the 70's through the 80's... A-Team had more stunts on a weekly basis than most feature films did ten years earlier... course the writing was pretty soft a lot of times... but we enjoy the shows...

It's funny, because watching these different shows from different eras, you start to realize that 1) most of the world amazingly enough looks just like SoCal, and 2) most of the location shoots were used for "on location" shoots for a lot of these different series...

ghrocketman
08-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Six Million Dollar Man was bad enough....Bionic Woman was totally UNwatchable.

As far as TV Shows with Lee Majors as the lead, I find "The Big Valley" and "The Fall Guy" to be far better shows than "Six Million Dollar Man"

The only thing decent about the show "Emergency!" was the Klaxon-type siren.

Shreadvector
08-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Here ya go.

tbzep
08-04-2014, 01:15 PM
The only thing decent about the show "Emergency!" was the Klaxon-type siren.
Blasphemer! Even if you don't like the show yourself, one awesome thing about it is that thousands of children who watched it grew up and became firefighters, EMT's, paramedics, and even nurses and doctors because of that show. I'm living proof. :cool:

Randy
08-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Lynda Carter, Erin Gray, Melody Anderson, Anne Lockhart, Angelique Pettijohn, etc. etc. etc. if you watched any of the shows they were on for special effects... we need to talk.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6
https://www.facebook.com/RocketBabeDustStorm

Earl
08-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Lynda Carter, Erin Gray, Melody Anderson, Anne Lockhart, Angelique Pettijohn, etc. etc. etc. if you watched any of the shows they were on for special effects... we need to talk.

Randy

Quote of the year!

Earl

luke strawwalker
08-04-2014, 10:06 PM

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

Hey... you forgot the hottest of them all... Pamela Hensley as Princess Ardala on Buck Rogers...

dlazarus6660
08-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Now were talkin' Gentlemen!

tb, Thanks for you service and sacrifice, I wanted to be a Fireperson(pc) at one time in my life. Wish I had now!
Thanks for your input and post at the 'B' flying field. I love seeing that stuff!

chrism
08-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Hey... you forgot the hottest of them all... Pamela Hensley as Princess Ardala on Buck Rogers...

No we didn't!! Check out the Hot Babes of Sci-Fi thread!

chrism
08-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Coming to MeTV this fall are CHiPs, Black Sheep Squadron, Superman (George Reeve), plus they're brining back Mission Impossible and Cheers. These shows were fun to watch and even now MeTV airs The Love Boat in the mornings. Anybody that was somebody was on that show. The problem with today's TV and Movies is that the creators rely too much o CGI and sometimes forget the storyline. Case in point which movie version do you prefer?: The classic B&W The Day the Earth Stood Still or the new one?

Planning to see Guardians of the Galaxy later on today!!

mycrofte
08-05-2014, 04:14 AM
Trust me, I did not watch "Wonder Woman" for the special effects!

And, I still like most of those shows compared to the garbage on TV today.

dlazarus6660
08-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Coming to MeTV this fall are CHiPs, Black Sheep Squadron, Superman (George Reeve), plus they're brining back Mission Impossible and Cheers. These shows were fun to watch and even now MeTV airs The Love Boat in the mornings. Anybody that was somebody was on that show. The problem with today's TV and Movies is that the creators rely too much o CGI and sometimes forget the storyline. Case in point which movie version do you prefer?: The classic B&W The Day the Earth Stood Still or the new one?

chrism, start a poll.

BTW, classic TDTESS

luke strawwalker
08-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Now were talkin' Gentlemen!

tb, Thanks for you service and sacrifice, I wanted to be a Fireperson(pc) at one time in my life. Wish I had now!
Thanks for your input and post at the 'B' flying field. I love seeing that stuff!

Yeah, me too... I'm too old and fat now...

Thought about becoming a teacher once... Thank GOD I wasn't stupid enough to try to do that!

After driving a schoolbus, I can safely say to anyone out there, "I prefer dealing with a burning house to dealing with YOUR CHILDREN!!"

I prefer dealing with cow manure to YOUR CHILDREN... LOL:)

The main thing I've learned, and that revelation is reaffirmed every day, is that MOST PEOPLE SUCK!

luke strawwalker
08-05-2014, 11:46 AM

WOW! They just keep getting better!

I'm just about ready to dump DirecTV and just watch MeTV... those old shows are SO much better than ANY of the drivel they show on TV nowdays...

Satellite has been thoroughly PO'ing me for a good while now... two hundred channels, and NOTHING is on... If it weren't for the DVR I'd have dumped them already. Even if you find a movie on you'd like to watch, you cannot watch it in "realtime" (as it's broadcast) because they'll take a 1.5 to 2 hour movie and stretch it out for THREE D@MN HOURS because they stop for commercials every five minutes... and usually stop for AT LEAST five minutes of commercials, sometimes more. The closer you get to the end of the film, the more commercials they have.

WHY am I *PAYING* nearly $100 a month for SATELLITE so I can be BOMBARDED BY COMMERCIALS?? I can see it on free broadcast TV-- there is no free lunch and someone's got to pay the bills... I could see having commercials out the wazoo on satellite or cable, too, IF I WERE ONLY PAYING LIKE $10-20 bucks a month! Thing is now, "everybody" has cable or satellite, makes no difference which service you have or what type; they have a "captive audience" and they want to "double dip" and make a ton of money off subscription fees AND a ton of money off advertisements.

It'd be different if anything on was WORTH WATCHING. I used to like "Ax Men" until they turned into a logging soap-opera. I DVR'd "Deadliest Catch" but haven't watched them yet, but they've been slowly moving in the same direction... I liked "Ice Road Truckers" but they "drama'd it up" the same way and just ruined the show. Same thing with "Pawn Stars", and when they find something that becomes popular, they CLONE IT TO DEATH... Most of the "clones" are unwatchable, too... (like "Hardcore Pawn")... The only exceptions I've seen is "Cajun Pawn Stars" (which is long gone) and I do sorta like "Beverly Hills Pawn", mostly because of the three hot women he has working in the shop... that blonde is drop-dead gorgeous, the brunette is hot, and the older gal is VERY sexy... About the only thing left that I particularly like is "Swamp People"... been sad that Christy hasn't been on as much... she's VERY hott... Liz's daughter is extremely cute too... Course, soon as "Swamp People" became a hit, they cloned the crap out of it too... "Gator Boys" and a couple others I can't recall the name of spring to mind... Then there was the "spinoff" of Ax-Men... "The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man"... which was basically just bunch of @ss-clowning by Shelby for the cameras... I liked Shelby on "Ax Men" but his "show" was unwatchable claptrap... The only other things I REALLY like are "TURN" (Washington's spy ring in the Revolutionary War) and "VIKINGS" on History...

I wish I understood how to do this "streaming" stuff... if I could do that, I'd drop DirecTV in a minute...

I wish we got "MeTV" down here too... I watch it at the BIL's in Indiana when I'm up there for planting and harvest, and during the summer... He doesn't have cable or satellite but honestly I watch more TV there than at home, because MeTV is SO much better than most of the CRAP that passes for "programming" nowdays, be it satellite, cable, or network broadcasts...

later! OL JR :)

luke strawwalker
08-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Let's throw another log on the fire here... :)

ghrocketman
08-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm still saying Laurette Spang in her prime is the BEST of ALL sci-fi ladies.

luke strawwalker
08-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Did you ever see her on "The Six Million Dollar Man"??

Hooo boy! She was HOTT!!!! She was YOUNG, but so much the better! She played a Navy nurse on a plane that crashed at sea with a bunch of military people, Col. Austin, and Oscar Goldman...

She was one hot mama all right!

tbzep
08-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Trust me, I did not watch "Wonder Woman" for the special effects!

And, I still like most of those shows compared to the garbage on TV today.

chrism
08-05-2014, 06:46 PM
chrism, start a poll.

BTW, classic TDTESS

I think a poll won't be necessary because all of us guys are pretty much from the same era that would prefer the classics over the new re-boots anyday even with the cheesey special effects.

chrism
08-05-2014, 06:47 PM

She's in the Hot Babes of Sci-Fi thread.

chrism
08-05-2014, 06:51 PM

I'm just about ready to dump DirecTV and just watch MeTV... those old shows are SO much better than ANY of the drivel they show on TV nowdays...

Satellite has been thoroughly PO'ing me for a good while now... two hundred channels, and NOTHING is on... If it weren't for the DVR I'd have dumped them already. Even if you find a movie on you'd like to watch, you cannot watch it in "realtime" (as it's broadcast) because they'll take a 1.5 to 2 hour movie and stretch it out for THREE D@MN HOURS because they stop for commercials every five minutes... and usually stop for AT LEAST five minutes of commercials, sometimes more. The closer you get to the end of the film, the more commercials they have.

WHY am I *PAYING* nearly $100 a month for SATELLITE so I can be BOMBARDED BY COMMERCIALS?? I can see it on free broadcast TV-- there is no free lunch and someone's got to pay the bills... I could see having commercials out the wazoo on satellite or cable, too, IF I WERE ONLY PAYING LIKE $10-20 bucks a month! Thing is now, "everybody" has cable or satellite, makes no difference which service you have or what type; they have a "captive audience" and they want to "double dip" and make a ton of money off subscription fees AND a ton of money off advertisements.

It'd be different if anything on was WORTH WATCHING. I used to like "Ax Men" until they turned into a logging soap-opera. I DVR'd "Deadliest Catch" but haven't watched them yet, but they've been slowly moving in the same direction... I liked "Ice Road Truckers" but they "drama'd it up" the same way and just ruined the show. Same thing with "Pawn Stars", and when they find something that becomes popular, they CLONE IT TO DEATH... Most of the "clones" are unwatchable, too... (like "Hardcore Pawn")... The only exceptions I've seen is "Cajun Pawn Stars" (which is long gone) and I do sorta like "Beverly Hills Pawn", mostly because of the three hot women he has working in the shop... that blonde is drop-dead gorgeous, the brunette is hot, and the older gal is VERY sexy... About the only thing left that I particularly like is "Swamp People"... been sad that Christy hasn't been on as much... she's VERY hott... Liz's daughter is extremely cute too... Course, soon as "Swamp People" became a hit, they cloned the crap out of it too... "Gator Boys" and a couple others I can't recall the name of spring to mind... Then there was the "spinoff" of Ax-Men... "The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man"... which was basically just bunch of @ss-clowning by Shelby for the cameras... I liked Shelby on "Ax Men" but his "show" was unwatchable claptrap... The only other things I REALLY like are "TURN" (Washington's spy ring in the Revolutionary War) and "VIKINGS" on History...

I wish I understood how to do this "streaming" stuff... if I could do that, I'd drop DirecTV in a minute...

I wish we got "MeTV" down here too... I watch it at the BIL's in Indiana when I'm up there for planting and harvest, and during the summer... He doesn't have cable or satellite but honestly I watch more TV there than at home, because MeTV is SO much better than most of the CRAP that passes for "programming" nowdays, be it satellite, cable, or network broadcasts...

I dropped Comcast about 4 years ago because of the constant price increases. I mostly watch MeTV and I watch the shows I want to over the internet. I was tired of paying for channels I never watch.

hcmbanjo
08-05-2014, 08:07 PM

I dropped satellite TV and went back to rabbit ears.
The DISH TV guys tried their best to keep me offering me lots of deals but I let them know I was finished.
I took the first month savings and bought the rabbit ears.
I now watch MeTV nd others. It seems every local station has got one of these re-run channels. I still get all the networks on local over the air stations.

Streaming was easier to set up than I thought it would be. I bought ChromeCast just last week. The loading and updates took about 20 minutes.
The free stuff on Hulu and Crackle is limited but still better than Housewives and Kardashians.

dlazarus6660
08-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I dropped satellite TV and went back to rabbit ears.
The DISH TV guys tried their best to keep me offering me lots of deals but I let them know I was finished.
I took the first month savings and bought the rabbit ears.
I now watch MeTV nd others. It seems every local station has got one of these re-run channels. I still get all the networks on local over the air stations.

Streaming was easier to set up than I thought it would be. I bought ChromeCast just last week. The loading and updates took about 20 minutes.
The free stuff on Hulu and Crackle is limited but still better than Housewives and Kardashians.

CozyTV is good too!

Husky and Starch.

Bionic Babe

The Six Dollar Guy(inflation)

Magnum PIE

Lassie! :rolleyes:

Earl
08-05-2014, 08:57 PM
We watch MeTV primarily and some AntennaTV (the other over-the-air oldies station in town). While we have multiple TVs in the house, the main one that is on is in the bedroom of our mom with dementia we care for. While we are not a huge TV watching house, we started putting it on the oldies station in her room because the old shows were more 'calming' to her when she was still able to really understand what a TV show even was (those days have, unfortunately, mostly passed now).

But over the past five years, we have found that we don't care to really watch anything else....the modern shows are junk. I have cable for the downstairs TV primarily so that another family member can record classic movies that she can watch in the late eve after I get home from work and pick up sitting duties. Otherwise, I'd stop cable completely....it's basically a waste. But, for now, the 'respite' that cable provides in the late eves for that family member is well worth the cost. Save for that, it would go tomorrow.

In the past few months I have had a laughing good time getting re-acquainted with the jab-trading between Fred and Aunt Esther on Sanford and Son. What a hoot!

Earl

luke strawwalker
08-06-2014, 12:29 AM
We watch MeTV primarily and some AntennaTV (the other over-the-air oldies station in town). While we have multiple TVs in the house, the main one that is on is in the bedroom of our mom with dementia we care for. While we are not a huge TV watching house, we started putting it on the oldies station in her room because the old shows were more 'calming' to her when she was still able to really understand what a TV show even was (those days have, unfortunately, mostly passed now).

But over the past five years, we have found that we don't care to really watch anything else....the modern shows are junk. I have cable for the downstairs TV primarily so that another family member can record classic movies that she can watch in the late eve after I get home from work and pick up sitting duties. Otherwise, I'd stop cable completely....it's basically a waste. But, for now, the 'respite' that cable provides in the late eves for that family member is well worth the cost. Save for that, it would go tomorrow.

In the past few months I have had a laughing good time getting re-acquainted with the jab-trading between Fred and Aunt Esther on Sanford and Son. What a hoot!

Earl

Oh yeah... "I'm gonna lay five of dees, across yo' lips!" "Watch it, sucka!" LOL:)

My Granddad and Dad would never let us watch Sanford and Son growing up... they weren't a fan of Redd Foxx due to his "racy" comedy, which they considered downright "dirty" back in those days... So I never got to see it until I was about to get out of high school in the late 80's... LOVE IT! I lived with my grandmother (since my Granddad had passed years before and I ran the farms for her) and Fred's antics and Lamont's resignation solving them or dealing with them basically could have been the life story of me and my grandmother...

When we were REALLY feeling risqué, we'd sneak out to the TV to watch "The Benny Hill Show" and "Bizarre" (with John Byner and Super Dave Osborne). Total classics, and while in the late 70's and 80's they were VERY RISQUE, today they'd be considered VERY tame compared to a lot of stuff on TV...

Made the mistake of watching one of the MODERN "celebrity roast" shows on Comedy Central a few months ago... I remember watching some of those as a kid, although it was kinda frowned upon by my Granddad and Dad. Those were good clean fun. This modern CRAP was nothing of the sort... it was THE nastiest, dirtiest, just "shock jock" "humor" that I've ever heard in my life... it makes bathroom humor look cerebral... just the basest trash I ever heard... I turned it off-- no more of that!

dlazarus6660
08-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Oh yeah... "I'm gonna lay five of dees, across yo' lips!" "Watch it, sucka!" LOL:)

My Granddad and Dad would never let us watch Sanford and Son growing up... they weren't a fan of Redd Foxx due to his "racy" comedy, which they considered downright "dirty" back in those days... So I never got to see it until I was about to get out of high school in the late 80's... LOVE IT! I lived with my grandmother (since my Granddad had passed years before and I ran the farms for her) and Fred's antics and Lamont's resignation solving them or dealing with them basically could have been the life story of me and my grandmother...

When we were REALLY feeling risqué, we'd sneak out to the TV to watch "The Benny Hill Show" and "Bizarre" (with John Byner and Super Dave Osborne). Total classics, and while in the late 70's and 80's they were VERY RISQUE, today they'd be considered VERY tame compared to a lot of stuff on TV...

Made the mistake of watching one of the MODERN "celebrity roast" shows on Comedy Central a few months ago... I remember watching some of those as a kid, although it was kinda frowned upon by my Granddad and Dad. Those were good clean fun. This modern CRAP was nothing of the sort... it was THE nastiest, dirtiest, just "shock jock" "humor" that I've ever heard in my life... it makes bathroom humor look cerebral... just the basest trash I ever heard... I turned it off-- no more of that!

Watch the old Dean Martin Celeb Roast-Too funny!

eljefe
08-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Wow, these stories tell me that you guys are really old!

Nevertheless, I watched the first season of Buck Rogers not that long ago and agree that Princess Ardala was definitely one of the highlights of the show.

Randy
08-06-2014, 08:30 AM
W watched Sanford but I was in college when I found out how dirty he reayy was. He and Richard Pryor's party albums were pretty nasty. Some of it was funny in a very crude way.

Chappell is is very similar to Pryor.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

hcmbanjo
08-06-2014, 10:31 AM
W watched Sanford but I was in college when I found out how dirty he reayy was. He and Richard Pryor's party albums were pretty nasty. Some of it was funny in a very crude way.
Chappell is is very similar to Pryor.
Randy
www.vernarockets.com

Years ago Redd Foxx was a guest on the Mike Douglas Show, promoting the new Sanford and Son show.
Mike Douglas asked: "Are you going to be able to any of your (adult) nightclub material on the Sanford show?"
Foxx' reply: "The only thing they'll let me do from my club act is breathe!"

Shreadvector
08-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Capt. Janeway vs. Conan

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/08/05/conan-kate-mulgrews-dance-revenge-orange-is-the-new-black.team-coco.html?hpt=hp_c3

luke strawwalker
08-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Watch the old Dean Martin Celeb Roast-Too funny!

Yeah, I remember seeing some of those when I was a (little) kid... that's what I thought these modern recreations were like... friendly jabs at the 'guest of honor' and genuinely funny comments, if at times a BIT risqué...

The modern equivalents are just shoddy, filthy copies of the original, an INSULT to the original. Filthiest garbage I've ever heard, and I thought rap "music" (pure garbage) was bad....

ghrocketman
08-06-2014, 04:03 PM
NOTHING wrong with what PRUDES refer to as 'filth' in comedy.
I could care less how many "F-Bombs" a comic does/does not drop as long as their act is FUNNY.

What I find as WRONG is ANY sort of censorship WHATSOEVER at ANY time.
And NO, I don't even buy into the SCOTUS ruling against "shouting FIRE in a crowded theatre" either.

I think the 1st Amendment should be traeated as ABSOLUTE and free of ANY recourse/repercussions for exercising it, PUBLIC or PRIVATE.

luke strawwalker
08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
NOTHING wrong with what PRUDES refer to as 'filth' in comedy.
I could care less how many "F-Bombs" a comic does/does not drop as long as their act is FUNNY.

What I find as WRONG is ANY sort of censorship WHATSOEVER at ANY time.
And NO, I don't even buy into the SCOTUS ruling against "shouting FIRE in a crowded theatre" either.

I think the 1st Amendment should be traeated as ABSOLUTE and free of ANY recourse/repercussions for exercising it, PUBLIC or PRIVATE.

Hey, if that's your thing, FINE... It's a free country (at least it USED to be...)

Personally I don't like it... I don't mind SOME F-bombs and stuff, but I DO have some taste, and the stuff they were saying was STRICTLY for shock value, and I don't find that funny...

If other people do, that's their right... good for them. Not saying it should be outlawed or regulated or anything like that.

Just saying *I* don't like it and choose not to listen to it... except when some POS is blaring their rap-sh!t at the gas station from their car speakers... I'm about ready to get a ghetto blaster and keep it equipped with a POLKA CD at all times, ready to "blast back" with some DECENT MUSIC at a moments notice, just so I don't have to listen to their pure raw sonic
SH!T...

ghrocketman
08-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Agreed.

I don't MIND F-Bombs at all UNLESS they are doing it JUST to be offensive.
Then it is just plain dumb.

As far as Rap/Hip-hop goes, the ONLY thing I HATE worse IS Polka.
Even Country MuSICK is better than that stuff.

Real Music consists of Classic ROCK, Late 60's through 80's METAL, and some 80's pop/new wave like Duran Duran, Cars, etc.

Chances are if the Group/Act did not EXIST prior to 1990, they STINK.

Current top 40/pop is absolute crapola. Shows like American Dullard (Idol) make me literally want to projecticle PEUKE.

tmacklin
08-07-2014, 08:52 AM
I think the non-stop quest for "entertainment", in particular television, has been a key factor in the obvious decline of western civilization. Buy this crap, vote for this turd, 24/7/365. :mad:

chrism
08-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Wow, these stories tell me that you guys are really old!

Nevertheless, I watched the first season of Buck Rogers not that long ago and agree that Princess Ardala was definitely one of the highlights of the show.

Pam Hensley made some appearances on The Rockfor Files, Emergency and Kojak but after she was on Matt Houston, she disappeared from TV. Too bad because she was absolutely beautiful!!

luke strawwalker
08-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Pam Hensley made some appearances on The Rockfor Files, Emergency and Kojak but after she was on Matt Houston, she disappeared from TV. Too bad because she was absolutely beautiful!!

Oh yeah, I remember her being on Matt Houston...

Guess she retired... like Athena from BSG...

dlazarus6660
08-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Oh yeah, I remember her being on Matt Houston...

Guess she retired... like Athena from BSG...

Athena(Maren Jensen) got sick and could not continue with her craft. Back in the mid-90's, Rebel-Con got in touch with her to come to a convention. She declined due to her illness.
Too bad.

ghrocketman
08-08-2014, 12:36 AM
I liked Pamela Hensley a lot more on Matt Houston than Buck Rogers.

Laurette Spang was on 2 or 3 episodes of Happy Days also.
She retired from acting several years ago also.

Wish they had her in TIGHT spandex (along with the other women) on BSG like the women were on Buck Rogers. Those BSG jump-suits and smocks Cassiopeia wore were disappointing.

Erin Gray in tight spandex was hotttttt.

luke strawwalker
08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Athena(Maren Jensen) got sick and could not continue with her craft. Back in the mid-90's, Rebel-Con got in touch with her to come to a convention. She declined due to her illness.
Too bad.

Yeah I read that... Thought she retired due to illness...

Sad... Later! OL JR

eljefe
08-08-2014, 10:39 PM

When I first saw Buck Rogers reruns around 8-10 years old, I didn't get anything more out of it than a somewhat exciting action/adventure show. When I rewatched them in my 30s, I realized it was a busty babe of-the-week festival! Quite a bevy of late 70s vixens, many of whom where never seen on TV again.

chrism
08-08-2014, 11:33 PM
When I first saw Buck Rogers reruns around 8-10 years old, I didn't get anything more out of it than a somewhat exciting action/adventure show. When I rewatched them in my 30s, I realized it was a busty babe of-the-week festival! Quite a bevy of late 70s vixens, many of whom where never seen on TV again.

Some of the ladies that appeared on Buck Rogers were on other shows but you don't see them too much these days.

Brianne Leary (CHiPs)
Markie Post (Night Court)
Ana Alicia (Falcon Crest)
Dorothy Stratten (Playmate)
Anne-Marie Martin (Sledge Hammer)

luke strawwalker
08-09-2014, 01:51 AM

Yep... they just don't make 'em like that anymore...

Now it's hard to tell half the chicks on TV from guys... too "sexist" to make them look sexier...

Gosh I miss the 70's and early 80's... back when women WANTED to look attractive, and men WANTED them to look attractive without all the PC BS...

luke strawwalker
08-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Some of the ladies that appeared on Buck Rogers were on other shows but you don't see them too much these days.

Brianne Leary (CHiPs)
Markie Post (Night Court)
Ana Alicia (Falcon Crest)
Dorothy Stratten (Playmate)
Anne-Marie Martin (Sledge Hammer)

Quite true... and some others that met tragic demises...

Dorothy Stratten was murdered by her boyfriend IIRC...

Juanin Clay (who played the female Defense Directorate agent opposite Buck in "Vegas in Space") died of cancer at a pretty young age... I really liked her in "WarGames" with Matthew Broderick, and in "Legend of the Lone Ranger" with Klinton Spilsbury... She was a very lovely lady...

Course we did see some other young actresses move on to other series or at least guest appearances... Jamie Lee Curtis in "Unchained Woman" later went on to bigger and better things, including the leading lady opposite Arnold Swarzenegger in "True Lies". Anne Lockhart was Buck's former fiancée in the 20th century, recreated via "molecular surgery" for an episode where she lures him to "City by the Sea" (New New Orleans) during a 25th century Mardi Gras to blow up a freighter for some aliens... she got a starring role on the original BSG in about the same time frame, and later did an Airwolf episode as a lady detective...

Devan Ericson was the female guest star in the last episode, "the Dorian Secret", and she later did some guest starring roles on other late 70's and early 80's TV shows, including an Airwolf episode (Dam Breakers).

Brain
08-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Saw her nekkid in 'Billy Jo & The Outlaw' years ago... haven't looked at a campfire the same way since!

dlazarus6660
08-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Saw her nekkid in 'Billy Jo & The Outlaw' years ago... haven't looked at a campfire the same way since!

Don't you mean 'Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw' with Marjoe Gortner, now theres a nut!

luke strawwalker
08-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Don't you mean 'Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw' with Marjoe Gortner, now theres a nut!

Read his Wikipedia history, and it sounds like he was very much a victim of circumstances and his nutjob parents...

Sad...

tbzep
08-14-2014, 07:11 PM
I downloaded Bobbie Joe and the Outlaw. Both of them were better than I could have ever imagined...and I have a vivid imagination. ;)

dlazarus6660
08-14-2014, 11:10 PM
I downloaded Bobbie Joe and the Outlaw. Both of them were better than I could have ever imagined...and I have a vivid imagination. ;)

OMG!