PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks in Michigan

ghrocketman
07-16-2014, 10:28 AM
About 4 years ago Michigan legalized all fireworks classified federally as "consumer fireworks" (what used to be known as Class C fireworks), which includes shells, mortars, rockets, firecrackers, cakes, missiles, etc.

The way the law was written allows for their use the day before, the day of, and the day after ALL federally recognized holidays up to 1am....that is the MINIMUM that communities MUST allow their use...that is to say ZERO noise/disturbing the peace tickets can be issued if they are used within that minimum window...communities/cities/townships may pass regs outside that window governing their use.

For some reason this year there has been a RASH of WHINING, BYTCHING, and NUISANCE COMPLAINING over this season's 4th of July use of fireworks. The EXCUSES for complaining have been RIDICULOUS...everything from "my dog doesn't like it" to PTSD to hearing irritation. ALL of these complaints could be totally alleviated by the SIMPLE USE OF EAR PLUGS/MUFFS for the 3 day window.

My response to complaints of this nature is the usual and prudent reply:

T-O-U-G-H, TOUGH !

GITT OHHHVERRRRRR ITTTTTT !

TOO DAMMD BADD, SUCK ITT UPP & DEEL WITH ITTTTTT !

If it was up to me, REAL M-80's, Cherry Bombs, M100's, Silver Salutes, and Block Busters/quarter sticks would all be legal again and UNREGULATED COMPLETELY along with all DISPLAY FIREWORKS as well. Those that did not like it could simply choose to not participate and SHUT THEIR DAMMED TRAPS.

luke strawwalker
07-16-2014, 05:59 PM
About 4 years ago Michigan legalized all fireworks classified federally as "consumer fireworks" (what used to be known as Class C fireworks), which includes shells, mortars, rockets, firecrackers, cakes, missiles, etc.

The way the law was written allows for their use the day before, the day of, and the day after ALL federally recognized holidays up to 1am....that is the MINIMUM that communities MUST allow their use...that is to say ZERO noise/disturbing the peace tickets can be issued if they are used within that minimum window...communities/cities/townships may pass regs outside that window governing their use.

For some reason this year there has been a RASH of WHINING, BYTCHING, and NUISANCE COMPLAINING over this season's 4th of July use of fireworks. The EXCUSES for complaining have been RIDICULOUS...everything from "my dog doesn't like it" to PTSD to hearing irritation. ALL of these complaints could be totally alleviated by the SIMPLE USE OF EAR PLUGS/MUFFS for the 3 day window.

My response to complaints of this nature is the usual and prudent reply:

T-O-U-G-H, TOUGH !

GITT OHHHVERRRRRR ITTTTTT !

TOO DAMMD BADD, SUCK ITT UPP & DEEL WITH ITTTTTT !

If it was up to me, REAL M-80's, Cherry Bombs, M100's, Silver Salutes, and Block Busters/quarter sticks would all be legal again and UNREGULATED COMPLETELY along with all DISPLAY FIREWORKS as well. Those that did not like it could simply choose to not participate and SHUT THEIR DAMMED TRAPS.

What century are you from?? Doncha know that EVERYBODY is ENTITLED to NEVER be OFFENDED, DISTURBED, or have to endure ANYTHING that THEY PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE, regardless of what it is or most everyone else's feelings on the subject?? Why, that's a GOD GIVEN RIGHT... (oh wait... I stepped in it now... Mentioned the big "G" word...)

Oh well...

In Indiana, I saw and heard fireworks going off all hours of the day and night for several days before and darn near a week after the fourth... Guess life is nicer down in the cornfields... LOL:)

It's a police state... we're just allowed to live in it...

Later! OL JR :)

ghrocketman
07-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Now some POS bureaucrat is legislating to repeal the fireworks law back to the way it was before where only fountains and junk fireworks were legal in Michigan. I want the opposite with a law to read- "ALL Fireworks LEGAL, ALL THE TIME in Michigan"- "if the feds don't want M-80's and larger legal, THEY and THEY ALONE can enforce it."

Don't wanna hear any stinkin' whine-boxin' either...those that don't like it, SHUT YER TRAPS and git some ear muffs !

tmacklin
07-17-2014, 02:01 PM
It's only a matter of time before fun will only be a memory.

ghrocketman
07-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Typical F.I.B. horse-puckey.

Bill
07-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Now some POS bureaucrat is legislating to repeal the fireworks law back to the way it was before where only fountains and junk fireworks were legal in Michigan. I want the opposite with a law to read- "ALL Fireworks LEGAL, ALL THE TIME in Michigan"- "if the feds don't want M-80's and larger legal, THEY and THEY ALONE can enforce it."

Don't wanna hear any stinkin' whine-boxin' either...those that don't like it, SHUT YER TRAPS and git some ear muffs !

Do you guys get wildfires and burn bans up there or is it just a noise issue?

Bill

Bill
07-18-2014, 02:00 PM
It's only a matter of time before fun will only be a memory.

...and everything either forbidden or mandatory...

Bill

jeffyjeep
07-18-2014, 02:06 PM

Whine-boxin'?

ghrocketman
07-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Nothing to do with any sort of 'burn ban' here...STRICTLY a noise issue that SOME people insist on WHINING about. We are almost never dry enough in the Lower Peninsula to ever warrant any burning restrictions...it is more common in the Upper Peninsula due to more dense woods, but also is very rare there too.

If communities choose to, they can regulate fireworks discharge that make noise.
The way the law was written, ONLY times they CANNOT regulate it is the day before, the day of, and the day after all major federal holidays. THREE fargin' days several times a year. In reality, the ONLY holidays that have a LOT of fireworks discharge is New Years Eve at Midnight, and the 4th of July.

My answer to virtually ALL whining for any reason is TOUGH and ST#U....suck it up and deal with it....I don't give a Rat's A$$ if your dog can't handle it or whatever the reason for bytching is...that is YOUR problem...TFB and BFH.

Joe Wooten
07-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Do you go to Indiana to get all your good fireworks like we in Illinoisy do?

ghrocketman
07-19-2014, 10:27 PM
No. They made all consumer fireworks legal here in Michigan around 4 years ago. I buy the 'good' ones 1/2 mile away from my home.

The mamby-pamby whiners are upset over the large shells that are now LEGAL.
They can chew on a toe-jam and fungus laden SOCK.

Joe Wooten
07-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Amusing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI19SWbdxgE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KS6BGr1oUMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xT2c0MOJBj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vwJgANe-5oY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0m0y2dPaDXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lTa1B-nGB7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1-33nz_I-pw

Bill
07-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Amusing.....

While looking for rocket videos, I once stumbled upon clips of people setting off entire rolls of thousands of firecrackers. I thought those were hilarious and spent a good part of a day watching them.

Bill

ghrocketman
07-24-2014, 02:44 PM
The first, fourth, and fifth videos were all a riot.

The first was the BEST though...MAJOR BLAST IN THE FAYCE of that TARD-CARD toting buffoon.