PDA

View Full Version : How many TRF members are on here?

blackbrandt
03-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Well?

tmacklin
03-09-2014, 02:16 PM
I decline to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. :eek:

chadrog
03-09-2014, 02:19 PM
I frequent it, so does Ted. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Unless banned, I'm guessing 80% or more.

astronwolf
03-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Unless banned, I'm guessing 80% or more.
Agree with that estimate. I see regular cross-posting between the two forums too.

Rich Holmes
03-09-2014, 02:52 PM
As of last week I consider myself a former TRF member (though I still had an account there last time I checked).

chrism
03-09-2014, 03:12 PM
I post there but I am mostly of here. I find YORF more fun. I like that they guys and gals over here are more into the classic rockets. TRF has a lot of high power rocketry that I am not into. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

mikemech
03-09-2014, 03:33 PM
I do both. Need peanut butter and jelly.

Closet Astronaut
03-09-2014, 03:44 PM
As of last week I consider myself a former TRF member (though I still had an account there last time I checked).

I resemble this statement, but it's been longer than a week for me.

+1

brianc
03-09-2014, 03:47 PM
/me waves!

dlazarus6660
03-09-2014, 04:20 PM
3 1/2 done! :rolleyes:

bernomatic
03-09-2014, 04:37 PM
I just never got the "homey, friendly" feeling over there that I felt here and so never registered.

SEL
03-09-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm registered, but I don't think I've ever posted there.

Doug Sams
03-09-2014, 06:52 PM
How many TRF members are on here?I'm like a lot of others here - my post count on YORF is appreciably higher than TRF (altho of late, neither is very high).

But, to compare the two, YORF has my heartfelt participation; TRF, not so much.

Doug

Jerry Irvine
03-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Unless banned, I'm guessing 80% or more.To be banned, you must first be a member. :D

Bob H
03-09-2014, 09:53 PM
I selectively read both. I post rarely on either the last couple of years.

BEC
03-09-2014, 11:01 PM
I am a member there as well.....but when I BAR'd I found YORF first and still feel more "at home" here as well.

Jerry Irvine
03-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I liked RP and ROL because they were more brash (potentially offensive but direct) and clearly dealt with breaking news far better.

Any site that censors on any level other than sexuality, offensive language, and bullying is excessive. TRF overtly encourages bullying, so that discussion is over and moot.

ROL and RP despite their accomplishments are dead. TRF despite the price they toll on the community is alive.

I also have to accept Russia took Crimea in Ukraine without more than 100 sniper shots. Too bad so sad.

Get over it. I have to.

Jerry

luke strawwalker
03-10-2014, 12:42 AM
I just never got the "homey, friendly" feeling over there that I felt here and so never registered.

Exactly... YORF is a much more relaxed, laid back, but yet more "focused" community... more "clarity" I guess I should say.

I think there are more craftsmen posting here than there, honestly. Not to say there's not good modelers over there, but I see a more mature group here than there. I seem to see a lot more "adrenaline junkies" and folks doing wacky stuff there than here, that's for sure. I'd bet a good part of that is the HPR aspect, from what I've seen... I'm not into that, so I don't particularly care about it or for it myself...

I like the fact that YORF is a more relaxed, less "moderated" community... no random snits about posting a picture of a sci-fi hottie or a comment that some @$$-hat decides is too "racy" or "isn't appropriate for an eight year old's birthday party" or some claptrap like that... while letting their good buddies start flame wars and personally attack people or take potshots at others, or just be a condescending dirtbag, while slapping down anybody who dares defend themselves or say something back...

I know of some folks who are on TRF who won't come to YORF, and some on YORF who won't look at TRF... Same was true when RP and probably ROL was still around... some there wouldn't go to TRF, though there were far less who wouldn't go to YORF... Same thing with N3 when it was around... lots of folks laughing about TRF and how it was run on there...
Personally, that's why I post on both... there are good modelers on both, and I DO like to read stuff from a core group of good folks on TRF, many of whom are also here on YORF... I see no reason to cut myself off from input or insight from good modelers on ANY forum, so long as I can stand to go there...

Generally I DO enjoy the group here on YORF better, though... and the signal/noise ratio is MUCH MUCH better here than on TRF...

Later! OL JR :)

shrox
03-10-2014, 12:52 AM
I am currently whoring both. I get checked every month.

Daddyisabar
03-10-2014, 12:19 PM
I mostly post on TRF with the Care Bears because it is easier with the photos and videos. But when I need to be a Grumpy old man I can always come over and get my fill on YORF.

chadrog
03-10-2014, 01:14 PM
I mostly post on TRF with the Care Bears because it is easier with the photos and videos. But when I need to be a Grumpy old man I can always come over and get my fill on YORF.
Not quite so Care Bearish of late, the new management is allowing things that Kevin never would have. I'm very curious to see how far they let it go.

chris m
03-10-2014, 09:12 PM
I post more on trf than here . But there's a lot of a## holes on trf . But do a lot of high power rockets . And I like flying USR ,so I'm not winning friends there . I make it due to I choose who to respond to . But didn't get any stupid remarks for have USR website on my signature over there

astronwolf
03-10-2014, 10:39 PM
I post more on trf than here . But there's a lot of a## holes on trf .
Lately, and I've been lurking there since December, I've noticed that too. And it's not because I fly USR, but because of other things. Egos... it seems... supreme experts in rocketry, post counts, etc. Kinda sucks.

tmacklin
03-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Lately, and I've been lurking there since December, I've noticed that too. And it's not because I fly USR, but because of other things. Egos... it seems... supreme experts in rocketry, post counts, etc. Kinda sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9E9n6GHC8 :eek:

Bill
03-10-2014, 11:18 PM
I am technically a member - a friend lobbied on our club's mailing list for votes to win a contest.

If you look in the archives, I used to be quite active before the "meltdown."

Bill