PDA

View Full Version : Cats of YORF - post ur pics

RandyT0001
02-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Since not everybody has a dog for a pet and since cats are the most preferred pet in the American household I started this thread.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6827745033_f39aa655a8.jpg

Taz

Feyd
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I have one cat now, named Rascal. He was almost "El Gato Diablo" but that was a bit too long.
We've had several others over the years. One ran away and two have died (one of very old
age and the other of a heart attack).

First picture is of Rascal in one of those rare moments when he wasn't attacking something
or racing around the house like a lunatic.

The second is Leo. We got him at the shelter and he looked like a little lion. He had a heart
attack a few years ago.

The third is Shadow. We saved him from a barn as a kitten where he would have frozen to
death in the winter. He ended up living to about 17 years old. We found him curled up in his
kitty bed when we returned home after a weekend out of town. He and Leo are buried in
our side yard.

Fourth is Rascal pretending to be a "good" cat :D

Last is Shadow in his favorite sleeping position.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

:)

Doug Sams
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Post your cat picsHere are our two cats. On the left is Tinkerbell. We've had her maybe 4-5 years now. On the right is Little Kitty. At least, that's what we call her. I don't think she yet has a name any more official than that :)

We had a Tom who slipped out the door a few months ago never to be seen again. So my middle daughter picked up the kitten several weeks ago and she's fast become a part of our family. Tinkerbell, who's neutered and never had kittens, has provided lots of motherly care for the new one. It's really neat to see how well they get along with each other. And they get along well with our dogs, too. Doug .

http://www.doug79.com/sam-fam/cats.jpg

CJU
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
From left to right - Molly (6 yrs), Sebastian (10 yrs), Tigger (12 yrs) and Paige (14 yrs). All four were adopted from the local SPCA. And yes, they always line up to eat in age order...

Chris

tbzep
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Check your old March/April 2007 issue of LAUNCH Magazine for our rocket cat. Page 72. :cool:

chadrog
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
This is our fat cat, he'd rather be south of the border.

mojo1986
02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Here are our two cats. On the left is Tinkerbell. We've had her maybe 4-5 years now. On the right is Little Kitty. At least, that's what we call her. I don't think she yet has a name any more official than that :)

We had a Tom who slipped out the door a few months ago never to be seen again. So my middle daughter picked up the kitten several weeks ago and she's fast become a part of our family. Tinkerbell, who's neutered and never had kittens, has provided lots of motherly care for the new one. It's really neat to see how well they get along with each other. And they get along well with our dogs, too. Doug .

http://www.doug79.com/sam-fam/cats.jpg

Doug, was your Tomcat neutered? If not, it might explain why you haven't seen him for a while. We had a Tom when I was a boy who would leave every year when the warmer weather triggered something in him and he started looking for the ladies............sometimes away for several months at a time. Another Tom that my brother had set the record, though...........went away one spring and came walking across deep snow in the field behind his house the next spring.

Joe

Cohetero-negro
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Check your old March/April 2007 issue of LAUNCH Magazine for our rocket cat. Page 72. :cool:

No no ... you must supply the pic!

J

Doug Sams
02-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Doug, was your Tomcat neutered? If not, it might explain why you haven't seen him for a while. We had a Tom when I was a boy who would leave every year when the warmer weather triggered something in him and he started looking for the ladies............sometimes away for several months at a time. Another Tom that my brother had set the record, though...........went away one spring and came walking across deep snow in the field behind his house the next spring.

JoeJoe,

I'm 99.5% sure he was neutered. We're pretty good about that. (For example, our two snake dogs are getting it next weekend.)

I think he got hit by a car. Although some cats will adopt a new family - he coulda done that. Thing was, he often slipped out, but would never leave the yard - he was pretty easy to get back. Alas, he didn't come home that time :( But you're right, he could still show up months from now.

I miss him - he was a good natured pet. But I'm glad we got another one. The kitten is a good play mate for some of our dogs as well as the other cat.

Doug

jeffyjeep
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Fannie (gray and white) (deceased.)
Carlotta (Maine Coon.)
Ginger (calico kitten.)

All were from the animal shelter.

tbzep
02-06-2012, 09:15 PM
No no ... you must supply the pic!

J
I did supply it.....to Mark Mayfield of LAUNCH! :p

Ok, ok. Here's the thread with the pics that Mark saw and wanted for the magazine. The cat is in the first pic. (http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1310&highlight=katie+tiger)
Don't look at the liftoff pics. I was still learning the ins and outs of the new camera.

luke strawwalker
02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Darth Hairballus and his lightsaber...

Later! OL JR :)

luke strawwalker
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
This is our fat cat, he'd rather be south of the border.
PUSS... in BOOTS... :D

Later! OL JR :)

tbzep
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Darth Hairballus and his lightsaber...

And he's pissed. :eek:

gpoehlein
02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
OK - Here are mine:

The really big siamese is Silver - he had to have one food amputated at birth (the umbilical was wrapped around it), hence his name - short for Long John...)

The big black fellow is Valentine (when I first got him, we thought he was a she and "she" was quite the explorer, so "her" name was originally Valentina - as in the Russian Cosmonaut)

Finally, the little grey female is Talia - just 'cause I liked the name!

Greg

ScaleNut
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
This is our Russian Blue
Her name is Tater

DaveR
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
This is our Russian Blue
Her name is Tater
That's a really pretty cat you got there.

Joe Wooten
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Lord and master of our house assisting me at work.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7165/6843705643_8a526bae07.jpg

ScaleNut
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
That's a really pretty cat you got there.

Thanks Dave

nukemmcssret
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Here are pictures of Birdbreath and Angel. Birdbreath is the calico kitty. they are gone now.